Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Who am I?

Hi!
Well, I have played many RPGs since 1980:
D&D (Basic, Advanced, 2E, 3E, 3.5), D20 Star Wars, DC Heroes, GURPS, TSR Conan RPG, Top Secret, TMNT, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas and Superspies, Beyond Supernatural, Rolemaster, ShadowRun, Exalted, Mekton and Cyberpunk (1E and 2020)
Done some boardgaming too: Car wars, BattleTech, SFB, nothing too serious.
I have made my own game systems before, but never got to serious til last year.
I like this system, it's an open system, but with more of a background world than the old-style GURPS (new GURPS sourcebooks have actual game worlds to play in) and not too restrictive of a game world like White Wolf likes to do. I thought I would take the D&D approach and give a pretty good sandbox for GMs and players to play in, but went a different way in breaking away from stereotypes.
Not all Elves are all-knowing or hyper-intellectual, not all Dwarfs are rude and drunk and players can play Orks, Ogres and Trolls without being evil...
I think it's an idea whose time is ripe!
Dave M
Author of the Lands of Lore RPG
Free Demo

No comments: